1. Suicide Squad is expected to gross $100-135 million at the U.S. and Canada box office in its opening weekend, which would be a new record for the month of August ($94.3 million for 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy) and for actor Will Smith ($77.2 million for 2007’s I Am Legend).
2. Think collecting comics is just for kids? The comic book that featured the Suicide Squad’s first appearance, 1959’s The Brave and the Bold Volume 1 #25, sold for $20,500. With the movie’s release, some believe it is now worth 6 figures.
3. Will Smith (Deadshot) is worth about 1/4 of a billion dollars today, but at 21, he was broke and owed $2.8 million to the IRS.
4. The top-grossing Batman movie was The Dark Knight, which earned $643 million (adjusted for inflation) at the U.S. box office. Ben Affleck, who makes a Batman cameo in Suicide Squad, only pulled in $331 million as the Caped Crusader in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
5. Before her transition to film acting, Cara Delevingne (Enchantress) was one of the world’s highest-paid models, earning an average of $18,000 every single day of 2015.
This article was provided by our partners at moneytips.com.